Friday, October 17, 2008

Chris Peeples for AC Transit Director, At-Large

I've worked with both candidates (Chris Peeples and Joyce Roy) for all of the 10 years I've worked as an advocate for better mass transit. Joyce was on my organization's Steering Committee and she has represented a couple of organizations as members of our coalition. Chris has been a frequent ally in campaigns, some of which have supported AC Transit and some of which have tried to influence the transit agency. I know and respect them both.

I am definitely voting for Chris Peeples. He has been consistently effective. He understands how to work with people - elected officials, agencies, businesses, and advocates - to get good bus service on the street for a reasonable fare. He's consistently voted for the interests of people who depend on the bus for everyday transportation, and he is also out in front on several green initiatives.

Joyce Roy is passionate and is a good person, but I don't think she would do as good a job. I think Peeples is at least as good, if not better, on the issues, and definitely better on competence.

There's a reason that Peeples is endorsed by 21 dozen groups and hundreds of individuals, while Roy is endorsed by 3 groups and 9 individuals (as of Oct 12th for both - for Joyce's, you have to click on the "Endorsements" button on the left of her website).

If you want more details, feel free to email me separately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i found this helpful in my last-minute vote planning/cramming. thanks.