Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 3, 2014 election recommendations: See Landau's Guide June 2014

I did not do my own writeup for this election, because I didn't do my normal level of due diligence on this election. 

But my good friend and fellow political junkie Nathan Landau did. I normally agree with his analyses, and this election is no different. You can download his recommendations from http://goo.gl/Wz3luQ He covers the competitive state offices, state & East Bay propositions, and Berkeley-relevant elected offices.

The one place where I was unsure is Assembly 15th District. 

Nathan endorses Elizabeth Echols, who is terrific. I'd be happy with her as my Assemblymember. If I were doing my own writeup, I would've wanted to look more deeply into Tony Thurmond's background to understand if I'd be just as happy with him. But as Nathan suggests, that question is probably moot, as the November general election will probably be a "top two" race between the two of them. So we'll probably get to decide between them again. From what little I know, I tend to agree with Nathan's assessment that Sam Kang has the right ideas but not enough legislative/political experience to make a big difference in the legislature. But I'd love to vote for him for lower office, see him get that experience. 

Happy voting!

3 comments:

Shar Stephens said...

Thank you again for doing this, Jeff - it's so helpful! Even though your post this time linked to Landau's Guide, the fact that you trust him lends a lot of credibility. I'm really grateful to have some guidance to help navigate my way through the rhetoric rubbish.

Jeff Hobson said...

Thanks, Sharon! Great to hear from you, and I hope all's well for you and your family!

rachel said...

On the weekend before an election, I always announce out loud that I still have to figure out how I'm going to vote. Thankfully, Mariana reminds me about your blog every time she's around to hear me! I'm so grateful to have your (or Nathan's) guidance and analysis. -Rachel (Gabi's friend Joel's mom)