Friday, May 23, 2008

Hayashi for Alameda Cty Sup. Court Judge, Ofc #9

Dennis Hayashi has the right combination of experience and values to earn my vote. He has 30+ years of professional experience, emphasizing themes of civil rights, social justice, and environmental protection, and he strongly supports an independent judiciary. He has also been endorsed by several groups whose opinions I trust, plus lots more: Wellstone Democratic Renewal Club, Sierra Club, Green Party, lots of labor unions, the Democratic Party, the Deputy Sherriffs Association, three bar associations, and many more.

I would not support Phil Daly, who appears to be more of a law and order type. He has many endorsements too, so I'm guessing he is Hayashi's toughest competition. I like Victoria Kolakowski's stances on issues too, but she has less experience and many fewer endorsements than Hayashi. I like Hayashi and Kolakowski for different reasons, but Hayashi gets the edge for the wider range of issues and the fact that he is much more likely to beat Daly.

More info: http://smartvoter.org/2008/06/03/ca/alm/judicial.html

No comments: