Friday, May 23, 2008

14th AD Alameda Cty Democratic Central Committeee

The 14th Assembly District is Berkeley, Albany, Emeryville, and NE Oakland. You get to vote for 6 people. The county Democratic Central Committees are the places where people fight over the heart and soul of the Democratic Party. I bless these people for their passion, because Lord knows we need a stronger better more progressive party.

I'm definitely voting for: Karen Weinstein, Cecilia Rosales, Eleanor Moses, Edie Irons, and Janet Flint. They're all endorsed by the Wellstone Democratic Renewal Club, who I trust to do good research and with whose values I firmly agree. They're also part of a Grassroots Progressives slate that pledges to:
  • Revitalize the Alameda County Democratic Party;
  • Register new voters;
  • Increase voter turnout by organizing neighborhood leaders in all parts of Alameda County; and
  • Recruit, train, support and endorse progressive Democratic candidates.
That sounds like what I want to happen! And if you can't stand to leave a blank spot on your ballot, you could also vote for Andrea Laiacona Dooley, the 6th member of that progressive slate. I probably will vote for her too, unless someone gives me a good reason why WDRC left her off their endorsement list.

No comments: